Arrival & Dismissal
- All gates and entrances will be locked during school hours.
- All visitors during school hours must enter through the main doors.
- All visitors must report to the office to sign in and obtain a visitor pass.
- Students wishing to participate in the Breakfast Program should report to the cafeteria prior to 8:15 a.m.
8:15 A.M Arrival:
- The school will be opened to all students, parents and guardians at 8:15 A.M. Please do not drop off students prior to 8:15 as there will be no supervision. If your child is in need of supervision prior to this time please contact Adventure Time, our on-site before school and after school program.
- Students wishing to participate in the Breakfast Program should report to the cafeteria at 8:20 a.m.
- School begins for all grade levels at 8:35 A.M.
- At 8:50, the campus will be cleared of all parents and family members and the gates will be locked.
3:05 P.M. Dismissal:
- All students will be dismissed at the front of the school at dismissal time (3:05). Students will be grouped according to grade level and staff will assist in connecting children with their appropriate parent/guardian or care-provider. Please make arrangements to have your student picked up no later than 3:25 P.M.
- Students will be supervised at the front of the school until 3:25 P.M. at which time, they will be taken into the office and a parent/guardian will be contacted. If students are not picked up by 3:50 P.M., the San Leandro Police may be contacted.
- Note: Parents, family members and visitors will not be allowed to pick students up at the classroom, with the exception of TK-K families.
Students That Walk Home:
- Students who will be walking home towards Farnsworth Street will be routed to the main crosswalk with a crossing guard by Oberlin Street and expected to remain on the south side of Corvallis Street when heading towards Farnsworth Street.
- Thank you for your cooperation in making these changes. The Corvallis staff takes your child’s safety as a top priority and we think with these small changes, we will be able to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
Basic Corvallis Rules of the Road:
- No parking in the loading zone. Cars will no longer be allowed to park in the loading zone and will be expected to use the loading zone for loading and unloading only.
- When using the loading zone, please pull all the way to the front of the zone. To keep cars from holding up traffic, we will only allow loading/unloading in the front section of the loading zone.
- There is no parking, drop-off, or pick-up in staff parking lots (between the hours of 7:45 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.)
- The Staff Parking Lot is not a safe place to drop off or pick up students. This area is off limits to children, because it is dangerous. Please help your child be safe by not using the parking lot to load/unload students.