Welcome to Ms. Hickey's Teacher Page
Chromebooks will be passed out at Corvallis on Thursday, 4/2, from 2-5 PM! Please come get one if needed so your student can access our online lessons. Starting Monday, 4/6 we will be moving to online instruction! Please email me if you need help accessing Google Classroom! email@example.com
I am so excited for a year full of learning and exploring in 4th grade! I was born and raised in the East Bay and am so grateful to teach in a community so close to where I grew up. In my free time I love to bake, hike with my German Shepherd and travel.
"Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves-and be free." – Cesar Chavez
I attended Cal State East Bay where I received my degree in Child Development. After teaching preschool for four years I went to St. Mary’s College for my teaching credential.
District Tools I Use
I take attendance using Aeries. You can stay on top of attendance through the Aeries Family Portal or Aeries App
I use Aeries to generate report cards. Families can view report cards through the Aeries Family Portal.
In order to access your google account follow the directions below.
- Go to google.
- Click on the icon on the top right. It may be an image or letter of the alphabet that identifies whom the account belongs to.
- After this click add another account.
- Then you will put your user id from school which will be a five digit number and @student.slzusd.org. An example of this would be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next you will use your password.
- After this you can use google classroom, NEWSELA, brainpop, raz-kids… if it asks you to login use the google suite option and you should be set.