WELCOME to Mrs. Ollerenshaw's Teacher Page
I was born and raised in Southern California. In 2014 a new opportunity brought my husband and I up to the Bay Area. I was fortunate enough, to teach at Del Rey Elementary for two years; then I had the opportunity to transfer to Corvallis.
Even though my two children Zoe (5 yo) and Evan (3yo); keep my husband & I, quite busy. I try to juggle my teaching life with my family life. I enjoy staying and being active; plus spending quiet moments at a coffee shop, in nature and going to yoga classes. Spin classes, hiking, swimming and running (especially Ragnar Relays) are other ways I enjoy downtime.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” - Helen Keller
ZOT! ZOT! I am an anteater (yup, that is UC Irvine's mascot) for life. While attending the University of California, Irvine; I fell in love with History and was able to fuel my passion for learning and ultimately teaching. I was fortunate enough to receive my undergraduate degree & teaching credential in Multiple Subject Areas - in 2002.
District Tools I Use
- SeeSaw - an outstanding website allowing students to create and "display" their assignments
- Class Dojo - is an excellent app/website to communicate behavior and be in touch with families
- Attendance - using Aeries. You can stay on top of attendance through the Aeries Family Portal or Aeries App
- Report Cards - I use Aeries to generate report cards.
- Google Classroom: I use Google Classroom to manage assignments. If you would like daily or weekly digests of activities and missing assignments, I can invite you as a guardian. Please email me with your request and email address.